Best Pet Insurance Companies in Canada 2022 – Hey, first of all, I want to tell you that you are the best Pet owners in Canada in 2022.
Now you may have a question in your mind, why the writer of this article has addressed to me that I am the best pet owner? So, the answer to this question is, you care for your pet and have decided to buy Pet health insurance for your furry friend.
According to me, the one who cares for their pet and considers them as their family member, is one of the best Human beings in the whole world, because they are caring for the living being who can’t talk and express their feelings.
We all love our pets unconditionally and try to give them the best life possible. We buy them the best Food, Best Bed to sleep, Best toys, But what about the Best Pet Health Insurance?
So, in this blog post, I am going to discuss with you what are the best pet insurance companies in Canada and give you a complete review and comparison of these 5 insurance providers.
For the past few days, I have gotten too many messages and emails about pet insurance in Canada.
Here are those questions from our Online Friends who like to read our articles.
- Is pet insurance worth it in Canada?
- How much is pet insurance in Canada?
- What is the Cost of Pet Insurance in Canada?
- Which pet insurance is the best?
- Which is the pet insurance that covers pre-existing conditions?
So without wasting any time let us start this article, But wait! Before starting let us have a quick review on what are the things we are going to cover in this article.
Also Read: What is Insurance and Benefits of it?
What Is Pet Insurance?
Pet Insurance is similar to Human health Insurance, where the insurance providers offers compensation against any specified illness or injuries of your pet caused during accidents.
You know that Owning a Pet in Canada is way more expensive, and according to the Cost of Care Survey conducted by the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association in 2018 the annual cost of care for a puppy or Dog averages more than $3,200 per year, while a Cat costs around $2,100 per year.
That’s why Insurance is important for your pet as well as for you. As it covers the medical expenses of your pet, it helps you not to take a single penny from your savings for the Pets Vet visits, It gives you peace of mind, even if you don’t have money for their medical expenses.
There are 3 types of Pet Insurance:
1. Lifetime Cover – In this type of Policy, the pet owner will receive a particular amount every year for their pet’s treatment.
2. Time-limited cover – This type protects a pet only when the pet has suffered an injury or met with an accident.
3. Money limit cover – can be used until the money limit is reached.
Benefits Of Pets Insurance in Canada 2022
Before proceeding further on How does Pet Insurance works? Let us see some of the main Benefits of Pet Insurance in Canada 2022.
1. Pet Health Insurance saves your money during your Pet Veterinary Visits.
2. Pet Insurance covers the Third Party Liabilities – For Example, If your dog has damaged or injured someone else’s property or the Pet, at that time you will get help from the Dog Insurance company in Canada from where you have insured your Dog.
3. Policy Providers Allows you to choose the Veterinary Doctor you want.
4. During Expensive treatments the pet insurance will help you to save your money.
5. Pet Insurance in Canada pays you the money you paid for your pet if it dies due to an accident or illness.
Best Pet Insurance in Canada Quick reviews Table
How does Pet Insurance Work?
Whenever you buy Pet Insurance in Canada the company or a policy provider offers you a variety of Insurance packages, where you pay a premium Annually or Monthly, and in return, you will get compensation or the particular amount from the company if your dog met with an accident or he becomes ill.
The premium you pay for the Insurance companies is based on the Animal, Location, Gender, Breed, Age of your pet, etc.
5 Best Pet Insurance in Canada Comparison
Not every Best Pet insurance company in Canada provides the same coverage, plans, Bonuses, etc.
So to help you understand the differences or the comparison between the Top 5 Best Pet Insurance in Canada, I have provided a quick table that will clear your Doubt.
Best Pet Insurance Companies in Canada
Pay directly to Hospitals
average price of pet insurance
1. Injuries & illnesses
1. Average price of Dog Insurance is 35$/Month.
1. Diagnostic tests
Once per condition
1. massage treatments
1. lost pet advertising
They have Four plans
1. Veterinary Fees
1. Advertising & Reward
They have 3 Plans
Pet Plus Us
No bonus added.
What does Pet Insurance Companies cover?
- Accidents & Illnesses.
- Death due to accident.
- Emergency Care
- Illness contracted while the policy is in effect.
- Chronic Conditions
- Diagnostic Tests
- Prescription Medication
- Third party liability.
- Wellness coverage.
What Pet Insurance Companies do not cover?
- For those who were asking for the pet insurance that covers pre existing conditions i want to tell you that, no Companies in Canada provide the pre-existing conditions coverage.
- Pet Insurance does not cover grooming.
- Pet Insurance does not cover your dog if he is suffering from the diseases like Rabies, Viral Hepatitis, etc.
Complete Review on Top 5 Best Pet Insurance Companies in Canada 2022
Petplan insurance is one of the best and Top Rated Insurance companies in Canada. This company has been protecting Dogs and Cats from life’s most unexpected moments for more than 15 years.
Their Insurance covers the complete sick visit that can save you around $50 – $250, they also cover the injury in your Dog’s tooth.
It also includes Holistic coverage when performed by a licensed veterinarian, that covers Hydrotherapy, acupuncture, chiropractic, laser therapy.
How much does this pet insurance cost in Canada?
The average Petplan insurance is around $35 per month for dogs and $25 per month for cats. Although, the pricing depends on the age and breed of your Pet.
One more thing you have to keep in mind is that they do not cover pre-existing conditions.
- Free to Sign Up
- No add-ons
- Risk-free cancellation for up to 30 days.
- You can visit any licensed Veterinary doctor in the United States or Canada.
- Exam fees are included.
- Petplan Canada covers pets of all ages.
- You will get 24/7 Customer support.
- Dog insurance works like reimbursement.
It does not cover Dog’s Routine and preventive care. (Not only Petplan most of the Insurance companies do not include this in their coverage.)
2. Trupanion – Top Pet Insurance provider
Trupanion is loved by most of the Pet owners in Canada, as it has been innovating in the pet insurance industry since 2000. Most Veterinarians recommend having insurance from this company, as it is the best and cheapest pet insurance in Canada.
Trupanion Insurance offers multiple features that include:
- There is only one simple plan where all pets get the best coverage.
- Their insurance covers 90% of your pet’s veterinarian costs.
- Not only this, your Pet dog or cat receives unlimited lifetime insurance coverage without caps.
- Here you don’t have to worry about the vet bill, as their easy-to-pay software will pay your bill directly to the veterinarian hospital within minutes.
Trupanion also covers Hereditary conditions like Elbow and hip dysplasia, Diabetes, Upper respiratory infections, Thyroid diseases, etc.
Unidentified issues, Such as Diarrhea, Cough, Vomiting. Then Congenital conditions. Heart disease, Nervous system issues, Cataracts, etc.
They also offer additional coverage that covers, Acupuncture, behavioral modification, chiropractic, hydrotherapy, naturopathy, rehabilitative therapy.
- 24/7 Customer support.
- Deductible – Per condition.
- 5-day waiting period for injuries and 30 days for illness
- Trupanion offers extra coverage for pet owners who want to extend their basic pet insurance coverage.
- Trupanion pet insurance does not cover Exam fees and Pre-existing conditions.
- The maximum enrollment age is 14 years.
3. Peppermint, Insurance for your pets
If you are looking for cheap and affordable pet insurance in Canada, then Peppermint is one of the best pet insurance companies that provide Special coverage more than you expected.
There are total of four plans available they are:
These four unique plans offer affordable, comprehensive coverage, and take the pressure off your wallet in your time of need.
Peppermint covers up to 80% of your veterinary bills for accidents and illnesses plus coverage for a wide range of special benefits like alternative therapies, medical devices, and more.
Here are some of the coverage the peppermint Insurance covers:
- Pet Medical Insurance.
- Alternative treatments like Acupuncture.
- and more…
- It offers Behavioral therapy.
- Medical devices.
- Boarding or Kennel fees.
- Lost pet advertising.
- In Memorian donations.
4. Prudent Pet Insurance
The Prudent Pet insurance company is one of the leading insurance companies in Canada that has been rated #1 Pet Insurance on Trustpilot.
If we compare this Pet insurance with other insurance providers in Canada, we will see that they are providing more features than any other company.
Like, Here you will get 24/7 Live Vet chat, They will cover the Hereditary conditions, congenital conditions, Wellness options, Also you will get a 30 days money-back guarantee.
Prudent Pet Insurance offers accident and illness plans or accident-only plans, There are 3 plans available from which you have to choose one.
The three plans are:
Accident only – is applicable for when your pet is hurt, where you will get an Annual benefit of $10,000, Plus 24/7 Vet Chat.
Essential plan – This is applicable for when your pet is hurt or sick, here also you will get an Annual benefit of $10,000.
Ultimate plan – you will GET unlimited Annual benefits.
What does Prudent pet Insurance cover?
- Veterinary Fees
- Alternative Therapies
- Bite Wounds
- Broken Bones
- Cancer & Growths
- Cancer Treatments
- Congenital Defects or Abnormalities
- Injuries to Teeth or Mouth
- Digestive Illness
- Emergencies & Hospitalizations
- Exam Fees
- Eye, Ear, Skin Conditions
- Hereditary Conditions
- Hip Dysplasia
- Prescription Meds
- Radiology & Diagnostic Tests
- Exam Fees
- Vacation Cancellation
- Mortality Benefit
- Loss Due to Theft or Stray.
- Boarding Kennel & Cattery Fees
- Advertising & Reward
- Surgery & Specialized Care
5. Pets Plus Us
PetsplusUS Insurance company is new to the insurance world but has gained more popularity because of its services and plans. It offers three main pet insurance plans, they are Accident and Illness, Accident coverage, Wellness package, and Additional Add-on is Blue Ribbon.
If you are the one who is looking for the best Dog and Cat insurance company in Canada then this PetsplusUS will help you to buy the best plan.
The average price of dog insurance is around $22.06 and $19.73 for cats. (This information is taken from the official website of PetsplusUS.com)
What is Covered?
- Exam fee
- Emergency care
- Specialist referrals by a licensed veterinarian.
What is not covered?
- This company does not cover Routine preventive veterinary care.
- Pre-existing conditions.
- Accidents that occur within 48 hours of the waiting period.
FAQ on Best Pet Insurance in Canada
1. Is Pet Insurance worth it Canada?
– Yes, It is worth it, we all know that Canada is one of the expensive country and keeping Pet Dog or cat makes it more expensive. Having Pet insurance in Canada will help you to save your money from medical expenses, Surgeries, it also covers Third party liabilities.
Imagine one day your dog destroys or Injured someone else’s Dog or cat, and you don’t have money to pay for their medical treatments, at that time the Dog Insurance will help you.
So make sure to insured your pet as soon as possible.
2. How much is pet insurance in Canada?
– The pet insurance in Canada is not expensive at all, average price of dog insurance is around 35 dollars per month and cat Insurance will cost you around 25 dollars per month in Canada.
3. Who are the Best pet insurance companies?
– According to Reviews and Ratings Trupanion, PetsplusUS, Petplan are the Top 3 Best Pet Insurance companies in Canada 2022.
4. How much is dog insurance in Canada?
– The dog Health Insurance in Canada is around $35 a month.
5. Which is the cheapest pet insurance in Canada?
– Trupanion Pet Insurance and Peppermint are the Cheapest insurance providers in Canada.
6. Which is the best pet insurance for french bulldogs in Canada?
– In America Nationwide Pet Insurance company is the best insurance for French Bulldogs, where as in Canada Petplan is the number one Pet insurance for French Bulldogs.
7. Do any pet insurance cover pre existing conditions?
– No, Pre-existing conditions are not covered by any of the Pet Insurance companies in Canada.
8. What are insurance premiums?
– The amount paid by the insured person to the insurance provider or insurer periodically is called as Premiums.
9. Does pet insurance cover routine vet visits?
– Most of the insurance provider does not cover Routine Vet visits.
10. What is a pre-existing condition in Pet Insurance?
– In simple words, The pre-existing condition in Pet Insurance means, “Before insuring your pet if your dog or cat is suffering from diseases or illness like Rabies, Diabetes, etc. Those pets will not be covered by the Insurance companies”.
I hope I have solved your problem in finding the Best Pet Insurance companies in Canada 2022. Before Ending this article I want to clear to you that I the owner of insuredtechno.com does not endorse any of the pet insurance policies shown in this article.
The Insurance companies which I mentioned here are just for the information or for the knowledge purpose to tell you that these are the companies that provide insurance for your pet in Canada.
So before buying any pet Insurance make sure to research more and more about it online and after you have selected the Insurance provider, it is necessary to read all the documents and policies carefully.