Let’s get a start over with one of the complicated but easy twisted scoring genres in Electronics and Communication Engineering, that is Power electronics, and let us find an easy way to find the quest by discussing some of the Power electronics Best Books for Engineering Students 2022.
The commercial use of electricity began in the late 1870s when arc lamps were used for lighthouse and street lighting.
The first complete electric power system was built by Thomas Edison – a historical pearl street station in New York City which began operation in September 1882.
Power electronics deals with the circuits that convert electric power from one form to another using electronic devices and also it bears with Mega Volts and deals with such integrated devices.
Power electronics circuits function by using semiconductor devices like switches, thereby controlling or modifying a voltage or current.
In these best books for power electronics, the applications range from high power conversion equipment such as dc power transmission to everyday appliances.
So if you are interested in knowing more about power electronics I have listed some best 7 power electronics books for electronics and communication engineering.
Top 7 Best Power Electronics books list in 2022
Power Electronics Best Books
POWER ELECTRONICS Circuits, Devices and Applications
MUHAMMAD H RASHID
POWER ELECTRONICS Converters, Applications, and Design
Mohan Undeland Riobbins
POWER ELECTRONICS by DANIEL W. HART
DANIEL W. HART
POWER ELECTRONICS Devices, Circuits and Industrial Applications
POWER ELECTRONICS BY M D SINGH AND K B KANCHADHANI
M D SINGH AND K B KANCHADHANI
POWER ELECTRONICS - 5th Sem Electrical Engineering
J S KATRE
POWER ELECTRONICS WITH MATLAB
L ASHOK KUMAR, A Kalaiarasi, and Y UMA MAHESHWARI
Complete Description on Best Reference Books for Power Electronics 2022
1. POWER ELECTRONICS Book by MUHAMMAD H RASHID
This book is the third edition of Muhammed H Rashid and one of the most popular books In power electronics. The book consists of 18 main chapters with detailed explanations with some Appendix and some answers to selected problems at the end.
This text had broadly Covered the basics of emerging areas in power electronics and a wide range of the topics such as power switching devices, conversion methods, analysis and techniques, and applications.
It’s a unique approach to cover the characteristics of semiconductor devices first, then we discuss the applications of these devices for power conversions.
Four main applications are included: flexible Ac transmissions (FACTs), static switches, power supplies, dc droves, and ac drives.
- Well-written and easy-to-follow the steps and sequences.
- Numerous worked-out examples and new numerical.
- Computer-aided design techniques and analysis using PC.
- Chapter-end review questions and problems.
- An examination of the characteristics of semiconductor devices.
2. POWER ELECTRONICS Book by Mohan Undeland Riobbins
– Wiley student edition
Mohan Undeland Riobbins book covers Converters, Applications and Design. It has a weightage of 30 chapters with a detailed explanation of every problem and concept.
This another Power Electronics reference book covers circuit knowledge in depth and is divided into a series of seven parts.
- The first series presents the overall introduction to the field of power electronics in engineering.
- Second series discussed generic converters used in many applications.
- Third series tells us about the switch-mode dc and uninterruptible power supplies.
- Fourth series includes motor drives that have main applications.
- Fifth series has commercial and industrial applications.
- Sixth series discuss power semiconductor devices that have applications in diodes, BJT’s, MOSFETS so on.
- The seventh series discusses the real-life uses that include a variety of circuits like snubber, drive, heat sinks, etc.
- Various challenging problems for the degree standard and the numerical have been solved
- Simulation numericals are also included.
3. POWER ELECTRONICS by DANIEL W. HART
This book includes altogether 10 chapters in detail with all theoretical coverage, practical design examples, and simulation techniques.
It also covers the important definitions of terms used in power electronics including power at any instance of time that is instantaneous power, average power or RMS value, power factor, and other harmonic distortion.
This book covers the simulation problems related to the examination.
- Theory, Analytics, and Design-based concepts.
- Power computations chapter.
- Dc-to-Dc converters, Including switched capacitor converters.
- Power Supply Design.
4. POWER ELECTRONICS BY V.R.MOORTHI
If you are looking for the best power electronics books for gate then this book is one of the masterpiece that will help you to crack GATE and other Competitive examinations.
This book includes the content of Devices, Circuits, and Applications in industries, it consists of 14 chapters which are synchronously explained according to the approach of the syllabus.
The Book deals with the characteristics of power transistors and also the thyristors in power electronics.
This book clears all your fundamentals as the book deals with the fundamentals of the basic things related to concepts in deep detail.
It also consists of APPENDIX which has Fourier series expansion, resonant pulse inverter, analysis of the electric circuit, choppers for switch mode supply, and some commonly used functions.
- Gives clear ideas about derivations.
- Consists of well solved typical examination problems.
- microcomputer control of industrial applications details is well grasped.
- consists of a large number of illustrations.
5. POWER ELECTRONICS BY M D SINGH AND K B KANCHADHANI
If you are beginner in this Subject then this is the best power electronics books for beginners, that covers 16 detailed chapters for power electronics of ECE subject with Appendix like simulation tools for power electronics circuit and also high voltage gate driver ICS.
Initially, the book deals with introductory about power electronics then deal with physical principles of thyristors their characteristics their switching properties.
Also, it consists of thyristors operations then covering various semiconductor devices MOSFETS, MTOS, IGCTs, MCTs, SITs, IGBTs.
The device operations and structures are defined behaviorally. Continuing with different modes of commutation and then with different rectifiers dealing with single-phase full-wave controlled and some detail concepts.
This book has 397 multiple choice questions, 501 review questions, 104 unsolved questions, and 194 solved questions.
Then introducing phase control cycloconverter. Ending with some real-time applications of power electronics in the field of industrial or day-to-day life.
- This book included new techniques involved in the modern livelihood of mankind.
- This is the revised version, also covering some applications and resonant converter chapters.
6. POWER ELECTRONICS BY J S KATRE – 5th Sem Electrical Engineering
Another best books for power electronics put forwards the main flow of the credit system Syllabus fashion scheme where this book is designed according to CSS scheme and I recommend everyone to have a hard copy which can help you dock the competition.
The author organized beginning with steady-state behavior of converters, then covers topics that can be categorized as power-transfer circuits.
This book of over 380 pages is compact and comprehensive, and well worth keeping close at hand for anyone who is
involved in the engineering of power electronics for your 2022 resolution.
- Briefly explained and very precisely.
- Caters to the requirement of the student accordingly with their examination.
7. POWER ELECTRONICS WITH MATLAB by L ASHOK KUMAR, A Kalaiarasi, and Y UMA MAHESHWARI
The last Power electronic Best Book by L Ashok Kumar, A Kalaiarasi, and Y Uma Maheshwari is well sculptured from well-reputed universities with great experience in this technological field.
This book covers all conceptual and practical aspects also it’s a cover guide for your power electronics for your ECE course.
The detailed explanation of digital control, power electronics applications, and electric drives makes it worth benefiting the students.
The experiments on the MATLAB model using fuzzy logic and neural networks are included for deep understanding.
This book includes a deep journey towards light-emitting diodes, power MOSFETS, static induction transistors, diac, and thyristors which gives enlightenment to the readers.
With enormous questions, solved examples, solved question papers, gate questions, and undergraduate examination questions.
- Includes all fundamentals of power electronics.
- Includes important projects and exercise with important formulae.
- Competitive examination questions with hints.
Power electronics can be widely and deeply built-in the career-orientated genre in electronics and communication engineering as many STARTUPS can be initiated with reference to students.
It has worldwide overseas application with its influencing characteristics that help in various technical fields helping mankind.
The Power electronics have been exposed with its advantages in industry, in applications such as power supplies, temperature control, variable speed motors.
Finally, before wrapping this article on Power Electronics best books of 2022 I would like to say that every book is well designed for the welfare of the students for Their power electronics course.
All authors have Their views and approach towards their concept. Some have an easy approach or a tough approach that can resonate with the students on their foundation towards the syllabus.
By studying the effects and the adaptation of electronic power systems to industrial processes.